POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Density, bozo and odd colors : Density, bozo and odd colors Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Density, bozo and odd colors
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 2 Dec 2003 05:30:45
Message: <3fcc69d5$1@news.povray.org>
Hi again! (Maybe I should move to noob forum...)

Well, I tried to do dust by adding density statement to
media/scattering. I did:

box {
     <-100,-100,-100>, <100,100,100>
     pigment {checker rgb 1, rgb 0}
     interior {
         media {
             scattering {
                 1, rgb 0.2
             }
             density {
                 bozo
             }
         }
     }
     hollow
}

It didn't work as expected: the dust had all kinds of colors, not gray.
Manual states that bozo has a built in color map so does density also
have components for different color components (red, green blue)? What
is the proper way to have the same density for all color components? The
next worked but is there a better way to only define that bozo gives the
same value for red, green and blue?

density_map {
[0.0 rgb 0]
[1.0 rgb 1]
}

PS. Never mind the actual result, I removed all the scaling and
unimportant stuff...

Severi Salminen